Great question. I found a few articles here on Momsbeyond that might help.
and this one:
Hope this helps! ;-)
Can I just ask that sleep training isn't recommended for a 9 day old baby. It's not good for any age but a 9 day old baby it is dangerous.
Hi, I know it's hard work, but this is pretty normal for a 9 day old! He's building up your milk supply and the first few weeks just feel like constant feeding, but then he'll settle a bit more and you'll be able to stretch the feeds a bit longer :)
Hey, I know it's super hard work but this is completely normal and developmentally they are doing everything they're supposed to. Babies wake to protect themselves from SIDS so take it as a good thing. They also feed regularly because they are growing and also may be cluster feeding. It's truly exhausting but it's what they need to do to grow perfectly. Get yourself some snacks and a drink and find your favourite TV programme or book and honestly sleep when they do. Please do not sleep train your baby it is not biologically normal and at 9 days old is actually dangerous. Sleep training has been scientifically proven to cause long term mental health issues. They sleep eventually but even as adults we still wake during the night. Also, definitely search up the fourth trimester its super helpful! Wishing you the best mama!!
- 16 month old says no words?
- Hey moms! Any suggestions on transitioning baby from co-sleeping to crib without using the cry it out method?
- I have a 4 month old whose was only waking 1-2 times a night nicely. For the past week has been up every hour or 2 hours...any insight would be appreciated!
- They say that its normal for a newborn to have baby pimples and its been like almost 4 weeks, the pimples is increasing and as a new mom i'm starting to freak out. Is this normal?
- Anyone from Cambridgeshire?? I need mummy friends I'm a ftm rn
- I went to a scan 3 days ago.i was told ive had a misscharge.. am lost i spoken to my midwife and also my cuzin they all say its wrong i have the worst 10 weeks symtoms ..
- My baby boy is two months nd six days old. Two months he took breastfeed but now he dislikes. What should I do? Nd wt should I do to increase the breast milk?
- Who has a mom hack for an easy cleaning method for the foam play mats?
- My son is three and his penis has barely open is it something to be worry about,will it affect him in the future?I need advice,mom of sons out there what did you do
- Is it possible my baby can cut teeth before five months??